We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the basis for our beliefs. First Baptist Church Grangerland subscribes to the doctrinal statement of "The Baptist Faith and Message" as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention. We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ, personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are Believer's Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
In 1949, when Grangerland was beginning to become a growing community, an insurance salesman named Levis Fulmer was visiting "prospects" throughout the area when he realized that the Word of God was desperately needed here. Bro. Fulmer, a member of Park Memorial Baptist Church in Houston, took it upon himself to hold church services in the Grangerland Community Center. He was welcomed enthusiastically. After several services, the people expressed to Bro. Fulmer their desire to establish a local church. He presented the situation to his church, Park Memorial Baptist, who approved the idea by voting to establish a mission and sent Bro. W. L. Hughes as the Mission Pastor. As the mission grew in attendance, it was soon evident that the Community Center was no longer large enough. Again, the concerned citizens went into action. After acquiring the land, several of the local men, together with carpenters from Park Memorial, finished building the auditorium. On April 30, 1950, Grangerland Baptist Mission was constituted "The Grangerland Baptist Church" with 175 charter members. December 5, 1973 marked the day when the church was named "First Baptist Church Grangerland". Little more than a year later on April 27, 1975, a new education facility, church offices, and library were dedicated. Finally, on April 30, 1980, God blessed FBC Grangerland again with a new Church auditorium. The dedication of the existing auditorium was on November 21, 1982.